A dental bridge is a type of tooth replacement. Bridges are fixed dental restorations, meaning that they are non-removable. Dental bridges are very stable and will not come loose or shift in your mouth, so you can feel confident in your new smile. Dr. Jon Ackerman, our friendly dentist, may recommend a dental bridge to improve your smile by:
- Restoring your ability to properly chew, eat, and speak
- Alleviating pressure and stress on the bite
- Preventing the remaining natural teeth from shifting in the mouth
- Improving your facial volume and appearance
- Enhancing the beauty of your smile
We may suggest a dental bridge if you are interested in replacing an unwanted, removable partial denture. Dental bridges are used to replace either one missing tooth or multiple missing teeth in a row. Your custom-made bridge is attached through the use of two dental crowns, which are placed on the teeth or dental implants adjacent to the gap. This supports and anchors the artificial replacement tooth. A custom dental bridge in White Plains, New York can typically be placed in just two visits to our relaxing dental office. For more information on how a dental bridge can improve your smile, we invite you to call or visit our dental office soon.